Due to COVID-19 certain restrictions may apply for crossing the state borders. More information can be found here.
Participants are required to make their own travel arrangements. However, basic information on how to reach Ljubljana is provided below.
“Ljubljana Airport” is located 26 kilometres from the city, 25 minutes by car.
Transfer from Ljubljana Airport to Ljubljana: https://www.lju-airport.si/en/transport/.
- Klagenfurt (Austria) - 90 km from Ljubljana (travel time 1h)
- Trieste/Ronchi (Italy) - 120 km from Ljubljana (travel time 1.5h)
- Zagreb (Croatia) - 150km from Ljubljana (travel time 2h)
- Graz (Austria) - 200 km from Ljubljana (travel time 2.5h)
- Venice/Marco Polo (Italy) - 230 km from Ljubljana (travel time 3h)
Ljubljana is an important railroad junction and can be reached by trains from all major European cities. The railway station is within walking distance of the city centre. Slovenia is well connected also by rail with neighbouring countries and is also a part of Eurail Global Pass. For more information click here.
Travelling by car you can get the latest traffic updates on Slovenian roads here. Driving on motorways in Slovenia requires a valid e-vignette, or drivers face heavy fines. Options for buying e-vignettes are available here. To help plan your journey, we advise you to visit ViaMichelin or Google Maps.